Monday, November 22, 2010

Karan Johar – “If I don't like something, I won't tweet about it”

Karan has enjoyed an eventful 2010 so far. After all his directorial venture 'My Name Is Khan' has enjoyed global success, 'I Hate Luv Storys' has turned out to be a quick hit while 'We Are Family' has managed to sail smooth as well. Now with 'Koffee With Karan' keeping his personal brand value intact and finding good visibility for itself amongst the audience, the filmmaker cum host maintains that it isn't too difficult after all to acknowledge your peers for what they are worth.

"I am not saying that you have to always like something and say/write positive about it. Personally, as someone who belongs to the fraternity, if I don't like something, I won't tweet about it or give sound bytes to media. I will talk about it in person with close friends but that's about it," says Karan.

He tries to hide his displeasure about the way some of his colleagues in the industry respond to peer success.

"Industry is full of people who don't want to acknowledge your success," rues Karan, "That's unfair because if I find something which is brilliant, I will acknowledge that. If you don't do that, you would always be restricted to your cocoon."

Point taken Karan. Are others listening?

(indiaglitz)

No comments:

Post a Comment