Saturday, October 10, 2009

I've been betrayed many times: Karan Johar



It seems like Karan Johar has it all. But there is one thing that he holds closest to his heart. "The memory of the first screening of my first film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, that I showed my parents with Manish (Malhotra) and Aditya (Chopra). After the film, my parents cried, we hugged each other for the longest time, making Manish and Adi cry too. That memory is so strong that even now when any of my films are released, it comes back to me," he says.

Karan feels that emotions are taking a back-seat and the trend will continue. "Everything has become so individualistic. Forty years ago, it was all about family, but now it's all about oneself. Tell me, do we really have an icon after Mahatma Gandhi?

Even patriotism is becoming individualistic. We have lost out on the drive to look for a hero. I can see that we'll rise as a country and be in a far better condition, but there is a gradual loss of emotions. I see that happening all around me now. The con of the situation is that we are becoming more and more lonely as we seem to be worried about only ourselves."

But as far as Karan is concerned, hope floats. "I trust people blindly. I've been betrayed many times but I'll continue to trust. That's the only way to live. What you give is what you get. Just being good to other people is a religion in itself. You can't be successful if you don't have the element of trust in you. I refuse to change myself."

(DNA)

No comments:

Post a Comment