Thursday, August 5, 2010

Deepika also in Dostana 2?

Wake wakey my walnut cookies! Rise forth and shine, for here I am, to drive away your Monday morning blues with some hot-and-spicy nuggets from glamour gaon. I know you must be getting withdrawal symptoms, at not finding my column yesterday. My apologies for the unannounced change in plans.


For starters, a trade types khabru just buzzed to inform me that Karan Johar’s Dostana 2 will be hotter than the first. Yeah, I do know that Katrina Kaif will sizzle on the screen with Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham… But that’s not all.
DeepikaSuna hai, there’s place for another heroine in the storyline and director Tarun Mansukhani has conveyed to KJo his khwaish of casting Deepika Padukone in it. Apparently, the nirmata has even discussed the part with Deepi darling, and talks about dates and money are on.
And before you think it’s a cameo a la Priyanka Chopra, I must tell you that it’s not. My informer claims that it’s a substantial part with considerably good screen time.
Now, it remains to be seen what kinda interaction Kat and Deepi share on the sets in case the latter signs up for the Dostana sequel.
More so since Deepi declined Anurag Basu’s Silence with Ranbir Kapoor when the director was considering Kat for the other leading character in the movie.
Dekhte hain aage aage kya hota hai. What say Kat and Deepi?

(Hindustan Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment